The Gage County Sheriff's Office is currently taking applications for the position of full-time Deputy Sheriff. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all interested to apply!
The Gage County Sheriff’s Office is a full-service law enforcement agency which serves 14 communities with over 22,000 citizens, across 860 square miles, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. We work with multiple local, state, and federal agencies on a regular basis. Our deputies respond to a variety of calls for service and are offered opportunities to learn and grow within the law enforcement career field. The sheriff’s office consists of 16 full-time sworn law enforcement positions working road patrol, investigations, and special services divisions. Other benefits of our agency include:
- County health insurance policy (inquire for specific details)
- 84 paid hours in a two week pay period (road patrol specific)
- Ability to bank up to 96 holiday hours to utilize as paid time off at a later date
- Take home patrol car for road patrol deputies
- 12 hour shifts with every other 3-day weekend off
- Additional training and assignment opportunities
All applicants must be at least 21 years old, of good moral character, possess a current Nebraska driver’s license, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and never been charged with a felony, serious misdemeanor, or serious traffic offense. Nebraska law enforcement certification is preferred, but not mandatory. Pay scale ranges from $20.82 to $26.44 per hour. Residency within Gage County is at the discretion of the Sheriff.
Applications will be accepted through September 2nd 2022 by 5pm. Testing and interview information will be sent out upon receipt of application. Entrance testing and interview dates are tentatively scheduled for the end of September. Please submit the following information with your application:
- Application Form
- Personal Character Affidavit
- GCSO Background Addendum
- Release of Information Form (include date of birth and social security number)
- Minimum of six (6) references
- Passing TABE test verification (non-certified only)
Applications can be acquired from:
- Our website at http://www.gagecountysheriff.us/
- In person at the Gage County Sheriff's Office
- Contacting our office by telephone at 402.223.5222.